- 1 0.4.5
- 2 0.4.4
- 3 0.4.3
- 4 0.4.2
- 5 0.4.1
- 6 0.4.0
- 7 0.3.5
- 8 0.3.4
- 9 0.3.3
- 10 0.3.2
- 11 0.3.1
- 12 0.3.0
- 13 0.2.14
- 14 0.2.13d
- 15 0.2.13c
- 16 0.2.13b
- 17 0.2.13
- 18 0.2.12b
- 19 0.2.12
- 20 0.2.11
- 21 0.2.10
- 22 0.2.9
- 23 0.2.8
- 24 0.2.7
- 25 0.2.6
- 26 0.2.5
- 27 0.2.4
- 28 0.2.3
- 29 0.2.2
- 30 0.2.1
- 31 0.2.0
- 32 0.1.32
- 33 0.1.31
- 34 0.1.30
- 35 0.1.29
- 36 0.1.28
- 37 0.1.27b
- 38 0.1.27
- 39 0.1.26
- 40 0.1.25
- 41 0.1.24
- 42 0.1.23
- 43 0.1.22
- 44 0.1.21
- 45 0.1.20
- 46 0.1.19d
- 47 0.1.19c
- 48 0.1.19b
- 49 0.1.19
- 50 0.1.18
- 51 0.1.17
- 52 0.1.16
- 53 0.1.15
- 54 0.1.14
- 55 0.1.13
- 56 0.1.12
- 57 0.1.11
- 58 0.1.10 to 0.1.0
|This article is about Beta. For earlier versions, see Alpha.|
Beta is a period of development of Scrap Mechanic. It began shortly before the game's Early Access release on Steam on January 20th, 2016.
The official patch notes are listed below. Any non-official notes are marked with "[NOTE:]".
0.4.5[edit | edit source]
May 29th, 2020
- Challenge mode is back in the game!
- Challenge builder is back in the game!
- Tree parts can be welded again
- The controller now respects the piston length
- Fixed T-pose when other players equip food
- [NOTE: Not fixed, bug still occurs.]
- Reverted some part weights so they are as they were in creative mode
- Connect tool now show numbers again for buttons connected to seats
- Fixed friendly fire for spud shotgun and spudling gun
- Fixed tape bot arms so they do damage to players
- Fixed an issue with the sledgehammer that caused it to sometimes not push loose objects
- Fixed an issue when going with the warehouse elevator while knocked out
- Connect tool visualization getting stuck fix
- Gui scaling fixes for non 16:9 resolutions
- Sensor gui fix for creative mode
- Controller gui fix for 4k and 720
- New loading bar on the loading screen
- Items can now be dropped on the ground in challenge mode for the backpack
- Fixed chest and lost items icons
- Keybindings saved when resetting to default
- Fix for FOV value not getting saved if changed in-game
- Added missing item names
- [NOTE: No missing item names seem to have been added.]
0.4.4[edit | edit source]
May 26th, 2020
- Performance fix for raids
- Fixed an issue where exiting the game in a warehouse caused the elevator to the roof to get stuck
- Fixed a case where building on springs or piston could spend the part but the part not to be built
- Removing bearings, springs and pistons with a full inventory is now correctly denied
- Fixed a crash that could occur when riding warehouse elevators
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using a level 5 steering bearing gui on 720 resolution
- Other crash fixes
- Water-, gas-, battery- and ammo containers are carried if not empty (like the chests)
- Farmers can no longer be picked up after being respawned
- Fixed issue with piston speed when adjusting length
- Fixed an issue what [sic] allows invalid building on the vacuum pump
- Fixed a bug causing the saw blade to not deal damage to green totebots
- The saw blade deals more damage to haybots
- When removing a respawn point bed the new respawn point is the last unremovable bed
- Can no longer respawn in a bed brought into the warehouse
- Red tapebot arm part shoots a few explosive tape when destroyed
- Fixed an issue with the tapebots causing them to often stare into walls in warehouses
- Tapebots will be more active in raids when they come (Keep your head low)
- Tapebot projectiles deal damage to crops
- Ai fixes
- Fix for mods using obj_interactive_controller.mesh
0.4.3[edit | edit source]
May 14th, 2020
- Fixed a crash that could occur on startup and randomly while playing
- Fixed a bug that could cause the hideout and other points of interests to not be set up correctly
- Broken hideouts and packing stations are repaired
- Can't sleep in warehouses
- Removing the bed removes the respawn point
- Other bed respawn fixes
- Stones can be broken down with explosives
- Mounted spud gun now deals damage to farmbots
- Carrying stuff uses stamina
- Lifting stuff with the lift uses stamina (only new games are affected)
- Fixed a crash what [sic] could occur when loading a creative world where the mods were updated
0.4.2[edit | edit source]
May 12, 2020
- Fixed an issue that could cause vacuum pumps to cause network lag for clients.
- Fixed a bug that could duplicate chests and lead to crashes when carrying chests with tools in them.
- Fixed a bug when carrying a chest with chests inside
- Missing water should be fixed.
- Fixed crashes related to animations.
0.4.1[edit | edit source]
May 11, 2020
- Underwater noise fix
- Escape key Fix
- Fix for Wocs (and other not player characters) not saving their position
- Fix for player name tags not showing up
- Fixed level 5 driver seat and saddle bearing GUI showing up after window resize
- Driver saddle connection count and upgrade cost fix
- Spud guns can not be equipped while swimming
- Fixed a bug that could cause the refinery bot to be stuck when leaving the game while refining
- Removed food and water spend when picking up items
- No extra food cost for 50%+ bonus health regeneration
- Carried items do not teleport to mysterious places when picked up while swimming
- Broccoli plants grow broccoli instead of tomatoes
0.4.0[edit | edit source]
May 7, 2020
- Added survival mode
- Made a huge update to the graphics with new shaders and a new rendering engine
- Added our new random generated terrain system to Survival
- Added character customization
- Added AI system to survival
- Added Health bar, hunger bar and thirst bar.
- Added food to eat and to revive players
- Added Green Totebot enemy
- Added Haybot Enemy
- Added Tapebot Enemy
- [NOTE: Includes the Red Tapebot variant]
- Added Farmbot Enemy
- Added log refinery system to Survival
- Added two animals to survival. The Woc and the Glowb!
- Added water with buoyancy
- Added warehouse dungeons and other points of interests
- Added new building parts. It’s now over 400 in the game!
- Added stats to all parts
- Added upgrade system to interactive parts.
- Added refinery tool
- Added destructible trees and rocks
- Added the Drill to mine rocks
- Added the Saw to cut trees
- Added Vacuum Pump with pipes for automation. A new interactive part.
- Added Water Cannon. A new interactive part.
- Added a Respawn Bed. A new interactive part.
- Added new turn settings to Driver's Seat level 5
- Added Craftbot with a new crafting system
- Added Refinerybot with a new refinery system to turn logs in to blocks
- Added Resource Collector
- Added Cookbot
- Added Dressbot
- Added fire (Not flammable at the moment)
- Added Spud Shotgun
- Added Spud Gattler
- [NOTE: Challenge Mode has been disabled temporarily]
Hotfixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a save file issue that could corrupt save files
- Fixed an issue that could cause the game start to fail while showing a black screen
- Restored physics tweak values for creative mode
- Fix for loading mods with a large number of blocks and parts
- Fix for creative mode when having thousands of mod parts installed
- Trying to refine with a full inventory shows inventory full warning
- Pipe system fix
0.3.5[edit | edit source]
December 22, 2019
- [NOTE: Developers re-added the Steam Depot and the game was now able to launch.]
- [NOTE: SteamDB Screen Shot]
December 18, 2019
- [NOTE: Developers accidentally removed a Steam Depot and made the game unable to launch. ]
- [NOTE: SteamDB Screen Shot]
February 21st, 2019
- [NOTE: Added Challenge Builder]
- Lua API updates (0.3.4 -> 0.3.5)
0.3.4[edit | edit source]
January 31st, 2019
- Creations that beat a challenge will now be saved in the start zone next time the player replays the challenge.
- Added more building parts in some challenges to give players more building options.
- Music from Creative mode is no longer playing in Challenge mode.
- The Challenge mode ball now has an animated glow effect.
- F1, F2, F3 now changes hotbar row selection. It can still be changed with Alt+1, Alt+2 and Alt+3.
- Popup menus can now be closed with the escape key.
- Fixed an issue with the sensor noticeable at high velocity.
- The game no longer shows a gray screen when loading up a challenge for the first time.
- Fixed some minor issues with the lift and the weld tool.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when someone was joining the game while creations were being modified.
- Fixed a crash that could happen when joining a game while creations were being modified.
- Fixed a crash that could randomly occur for clients.
- Made some memory allocation fixes.
- Fixed an issue with some DLL files.
- Better error checking for mods in the mod tool.
- Some new scripting features.
- Fixed some texture cache issues for mods that should result in faster load times.
- Fixed a crash that happened after the game failed to start because of missing graphics drivers and other graphics related issues.
- Fix for shader loading when running the game on Linux using Wine.
0.3.3[edit | edit source]
December 20th, 2018
- Added challenge mode.
- Added a lot of scripting features that are now available for modders. Check out the Lua Script API for more info.
- Added a sphere shape type.
- Fixed a network synchronization issue causing crashes for clients.
0.3.2[edit | edit source]
September 28th, 2018
- Parts that are split of from creations inherit the velocities of the creation.
- Optimized explosions.
- The range that explosions remove metal has been reduced.
- Changed the particle effect that appears on the point where potatoes hit the gas canister.
- Tweaked the explosion impulse on players.
- Fixed connect tool attaching to invisible gas canister connection points.
- Fixed a networking issue that caused crashes when playing as a client.
- Fixed a rendering issue that could cause a crash when some parts were destroyed by an explosion.
- Fixed an issue where the impulses (from thruster and modded parts) were applied with half strength if the game was running on low fps.
- Multiple explosion impulses on the character have less effect.
- More explosion debris particles should now be visible.
- Mods with no translation for the selected language will now default to English.
- Added more helpful error messages.
- Fix for lowest playable resolution (1024x768) defaulting to 1280x720.
- Lua API updates (no breaking changes).
- Scripted interactive parts no longer incorrectly show up as buttons when connected to a seat.
- Character impulses are applied per tick instead of every frame.
- Fixed "Server started with mismatching developer mode flags" issue when loading games.
- Fixed a networking related crash.
- Fixed a crash that was caused by an invalid terrain generation script or an invalid world builder terrain.
0.3.1[edit | edit source]
September 7th, 2018
- Added big and small explosive canister.
- Added smoother first-person movement for Tools and Spud Gun.
- Added material damage levels.
- Potatoes have a knockback to players.
- Colored particles when destroying colored blocks.
- Fixed a potato velocity calculation issue.
- Fixed choppy seated character ragdoll.
- Ground effects based on the material.
- Interactable parts now save their data when exported to a blueprint by a client.
- Fix an issue where connection points would show up in the world when placing imported blueprints.
- More detailed errors when blueprint import fails.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes messed up created terrains.
- Fixed a bug that made pistons and springs lose their "interactable" when importing a blueprint without changing any values and then exiting the game.
- Camera shake on/off setting.
- The game remembers if you have the /console enabled.
- Bearings and pistons are now controllable by scripts.
- Many more scripting features in the Lua Script API.
0.3.0[edit | edit source]
July 10th, 2018
- Added Spud gun with 3rd and first person aim.
- Added mountable Spud gun with recoil.
- Added new cardboard block.
- Added spud gun destruction to cardboard and glass blocks.
- Added moddable scripting for interactive parts.
- Modders can now make their own spud guns and thrusters for example.
- Mod support for particles and audio.
- Made a complete re-work to the network code.
- Made better grass level of detail that shows grass in further distance.
- Added new sprint animation.
- Added new crouch animation.
- Added a lot of new tool animations.
- Made graphical update to all the tools.
- Added new particle effects.
- Smooth camera when crouching.
- Sensors are triggered by potatoes.
- Fixed missing sounds and particles when driving fast.
- Created a Lua API Reference for modders.
- Added the ability to start the game with -dev launch option for useful modding features like automatic script reloading.
- Added an in-game console for Lua prints and errors.
- Various bugfixes.
0.2.14[edit | edit source]
March 23rd, 2018
- Updated Mod Tool so it works with custom tile assets.
- Fixed an issue where some parts of the physics terrain did not match the graphics.
- Fixed an issue where multiple players could control the same character when sharing worlds.
0.2.13d[edit | edit source]
February 16th, 2018
- Fixed blue world rendering issue
0.2.13c[edit | edit source]
February 14th, 2018
- Fixed rendering issues with AMD graphics cards
0.2.13b[edit | edit source]
February 9th, 2018
- [NOTE: No official notes]
0.2.13[edit | edit source]
January 30th, 2018
- Added the Tile Builder
- The controller and Piston issue is now fixed
- Fixed a crash related to broken mods
- Fixed various bugs
0.2.12b[edit | edit source]
January 3rd, 2018
- Fixed a crash that occurred for some graphics cards.
- Fixed a crash that occurred at startup on some computers.
0.2.12[edit | edit source]
December 22nd, 2017
- Added the World Builder.
- Fixed an issue with Intel graphics card that added a blue border around menus.
- Added better and smoother lods.
- Added 8 new world tiles to creative mode, 5 of them road tiles.
- Better texture quality.
- Improved texture loading.
- Shorter loading times.
- Less lag when loading creations on the lift.
0.2.11[edit | edit source]
November 9th, 2017
- Added color detection to the sensor.
- Improved the sensor so it’s more accurate.
- Added a search bar to the inventory.
- The search bar in the inventory and blueprint menu can be selected with Ctrl + F.
- Made a big fps improvement when walking on big creations.
- Added the maintenance ship block.
- Added 8 new parts. Maintenance Ship Door, Exit Sign, Tower Pole, Tower Pole Top, Satellite Dish, Satellite Reflector Dish, Antenna, Reflector Antenna.
- [NOTE: The new block and parts will be used for the crashed spaceship in Survival Mode, where the player will start the game.]
- Fixed an issue where the big Plateau tile did not generate in new worlds.
0.2.10[edit | edit source]
September 5th, 2017
- Added Raft Shark Mount.
- [NOTE: Reference to the game Raft, published by Axolot.]
- Fixed an error with things on bearings etc when merging static bodies.
- World corruption fix.
0.2.9[edit | edit source]
August 17th, 2017
- Now you can only join games where your friends are playing.
- We heard that there were some sneaky mechanics joining other players without an invite through an exploit. This is now fixed.
- We will add more privacy settings in the future.
- Made a big physics improvement so physics fall asleep and stop to collision check when they stop to move. This will get the frames up a lot in worlds with a lot of creations.
- Made so the game has a faster startup and less stutter when browsing inventory.
- The sensor sound is now off by default.
- Collision will now have the correct audio.
- Terrain features needed for survival and terrain modding support is added.
- This will not be visible to the player at this stage.
- Made improvements to the animation system.
- The mod tool now creates more cache that will make the game start faster and make the inventory stutter less. We recommend modders to re-upload their mods. This will trigger the extra caching.
Hotfixes[edit | edit source]
- Fixed a bug that prevented new blueprints from being built.
0.2.8[edit | edit source]
August 3rd, 2017
- Added Russian, Japanese and Korean language.
- Fixed an issue where the game could crash when scrolling in the inventory.
- Fixed a bug that didn’t allow the player to disconnect connections from the controller.
- Fixed an issue that made the mouse movement lag for some players.
- Sensors in button mode resets when put on the lift.
- Fixed connect tool interactions.
- Optimized the animation system.
- Fixed an issue that let the player drag and place parts in the air.
- Added arrows when the player places and drags parts on the ground.
- Various minor fixes.
0.2.7[edit | edit source]
June 29th, 2017
- [NOTE: Added Piston]
0.2.6[edit | edit source]
June 22nd, 2017
- You can now play Scrap Mechanic in Chinese.
- Updated all languages with more translations.
- Fixed bug that didn’t let the player weld when it should be possible to weld.
- Remade the welding particles and added bounce to the welding particle.
- Fixed bug where welding particles didn’t spawn.
- Fixed so bearings on a creation are still stable after getting welded.
- The delay when pointing on larger creations with a weld tool or a lift is now optimized.
- Bearings that touch an object will now stick to that object when building.
- This makes it easier to build awesome fork suspension that have two bearings attached to each side of the wheel.
- Fixed a common crash in the blueprint import and export guis.
- Fixed a common crash when starting the game.
- Fixed the teleport distance when falling through the ground.
- Improved the driving even more with a less bumpy ground.
- Added arrows when placing a part and adjusting its position on a surface. This is to make it easier to understand how the object can be dragged within the placement spot.
- Fixed a crash when building huge Logic gate creations.
0.2.5[edit | edit source]
May 19th, 2017
- Added over 20 new terrain tiles!
- [NOTE: Full list included in official notes]
- Added a mannequin hand
- Redesigned the Air Conditioner part to make it fit better in Survival mode.
0.2.4[edit | edit source]
April 13th, 2017
- We have improved the driving with less bumpy ground.
- Kept default friction from Test A. We will instead add different friction to parts later.
- [NOTE: "Test A" refers to one of the testing branches available through Steam beta versions. Test A had the original friction, Test B had +40% friction, and Test C had +20% friction.]
- Made an optimization for the ragdoll
- Fixed crashes when exporting creations.
- Fixed a startup crash.
- Workshop download error handling.
- The blueprint search in the lift UI is now improved with better search.
0.2.3[edit | edit source]
March 24th, 2017
- [NOTE: Added official mod support]
0.2.2[edit | edit source]
January 31st, 2017
- Follow camera and a camera setting.
- Updated thruster particles that now have dynamic lighting and trigger dust when close to the ground.
- Rotate between three hotbars with alt+q or access them directly with alt+1/2/3.
- Items are saved in the hotbar when joining other players.
- Did some render optimizations that fix the slowdowns when placing/deleting blocks on huge creations.
- Added bathtub. A new interactive part!
- Added a mug part.
0.2.1[edit | edit source]
January 5th, 2017
- Uploading blueprints to the workshop should now work for players with special characters in their windows usernames.
- Added an optimization that should be noticeable in worlds with many parts.
- Using interfaces for some interactive parts while another player destroys it no longer crashes the game.
- Removed d3dx11.dll dependency.
- Various crash fixes.
- Added more info to crash reports that will help us fix more things in the future.
0.2.0[edit | edit source]
December 19th, 2016
- New rendering engine
- Added dynamic lighting
- Added warehouse spotlight and tweaked headlamp so they now have dynamic lights with a beam range setting. The beam can now be colored with the Paint Tool.
- Suspension resistance setting added.
- Remade and updated all block textures
- Updated the inventory icons
- Bearings/Suspension are now paintable
- Remade the Big Wheel
- Added a new clear glass block
- Glass now renders correctly in workshop and inventory GUI
- New reflection cube map for flat world
- The Paint Tool now shows the selected color
- Radio now has a on and off animation
- Gas Engine and Electric Engine now have an animation when using the engine setting.
- Added names above the players and also improved it so it follows the mechanic better.
- New particle engine. Particles are now rendered using our new particle engine
- The game is merging boxes and cylinders resulting in less collision checks
- Lots of bug fixes, tweaks and optimizations!
Hotfixes[edit | edit source]
December 20th to December 22nd, 2016
- Hotfix 3
- Fixed a crash at startup or when loading games related to the character.
- Larger saves should now load.
- Added checking for modded blocks and parts that the game doesn't currently have loaded.
- Hotfix 2
- Fixed a crashed [sic] that occurred on startup on some graphics cards.
- Hotfix 1
- Fixed a crash that new players experienced when starting a game.
- Connect tool numbers fixed.
- Weld Tool collision check fix.
- Max engine, thruster, bearing, etc.. settings removed.
- Invisible block fix.
0.1.32[edit | edit source]
September 9th, 2016
- Added a Pillow
- Added Small Pipe set
- Added Support Pillar and Support Pillar Stand.
- Added new dance category and sounds to all Totebot Heads.
- Fixed a bug with the Weld Tool that made it possible to weld rotated objects into each other.
0.1.31[edit | edit source]
August 11th, 2016
- Added Logic Gate.
- [NOTE: Added Logic Gate page to Handbook]
- Added Timer.
- Connection points now highlight when targeted with the Connect Tool.
- Thrusters should no longer apply its force twice at low framerates. This should also improve synchronization when mechanics are flying together in multiplayer.
- All interactive parts now operate at a fixed tickrate.
- Thruster sound effect tweak.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when selecting tools in the inventory.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when pressing E on the Lift.
- Fixed a bug where the Weld Tool did not trigger particles and sound effects.
- Fixed a rare crash related to collision sound calculations.
0.1.30[edit | edit source]
July 29th, 2016
- Other players now have names above their head in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug where the player could not remove connections from a seat with 10 connections.
- The lift will no longer push the player off when raised.
- Fixed a Weld Tool bug.
- Added smooth camera zooming.
- New Sledgehammer cursor appears when within range of something you can hit.
- Added preview for tools in the inventory.
- Added text messages for the Radio; "This Radio is connected to a Button/Switch/Sensor".
0.1.29[edit | edit source]
July 14th, 2016
- Added Blueprint Import and Export feature with Workshop functionality.
- Some worlds that were crashing the game when loaded should now work.
- Fixed a bug with the Weld Tool that could crash the game.
0.1.28[edit | edit source]
June 20th, 2016
- Major collision audio rework.
- [NOTE: Made collision sounds louder and added sounds for sliding objects.]
- Shape building is no longer canceled when other players update the same creation.
- Players can now switch between multiplayer and single player without restarting the game.
- Weld tool performance and interaction fixes.
- Q and Escape can now close Paint tool GUI.
- Various Connect tool fixes.
- Stability fixes.
- Various other bugfixes.
0.1.27b[edit | edit source]
June 7th, 2016
- Fixed multiplayer join issues.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when the object picked up by weld tool was modified by another player.
- Added two new parts. The large windshield and the small windshield.
0.1.27[edit | edit source]
May 27th, 2016
- Added Weld Tool!
- [NOTE: Added Weld Tool to Tab 1, Page 4 of Handbook.]
- Fixed framerate issue caused by the sensor.
- Network synchronization improvements.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes caused an incorrect seating position.
0.1.26[edit | edit source]
April 13th, 2016
- Added Driver's Saddle
- Added Saddle
- When you pick up creations on the lift, you can now rotate them with Q before placing the lift down.
- Better collision detection for the lift placement.
- Seat GUI should no longer get stuck when ejecting from the seats.
- Made the glass windows more clear from the inside.
- Fixed a bug caused by the introduction of volume sliders for the Totebot Heads.
- Made sensors more responsive.
0.1.25[edit | edit source]
April 29th, 2016
- Added a new glass block
- Added new window parts
- Updated Totebot Head: Blip, Bass and Synth Voice so they can play long notes.
- Added a volume slider to the Totebot Heads.
- Fixed near clip plane issues.
0.1.24[edit | edit source]
April 15th, 2016
- Added four Totebot Heads! You can now make music!
- [NOTE: Bass/Blue, Percussion/Yellow, Synth Voice/Red, Blip/Green.]
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting games.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when joining multiplayer games.
- Reduced sensor range to slightly less than block range.
0.1.23[edit | edit source]
April 8th, 2016
- The controller should no longer break your creations when logging in to a world. This does not fix creations that are already broken previously by this bug.
- Bearings controlled by the controller should now behave better.
- Objects can no longer be removed while seated.
- "Use" [E] can now be used to close the interface of any interactive part.
0.1.22[edit | edit source]
April 1st, 2016
- Sensors have a new interface that allows the player to set range and other settings.
- Increased lift height from 16 blocks to 20 blocks.
- Added more tips to the loading screen.
- [NOTE: Added a period to the first and formerly only loading screen text, shown below.]
- "Did you know that if you put two toilet paper rolls on top of each other it will become a paper towel roll."
- [NOTE: Added the following loading screen texts:]
- "If you’d like to take screenshots without the GUI, you can toggle it by pressing alt + Z"
- "Building blocks can be scaled by holding the left mouse button and dragging"
- "You can connect a button or switch to the Driver’s seat and activate it when seated"
- "You rotate any part by pressing Q or Shift + Q"
- "The controller lets you create amazing transforming machines, so give it a try!"
- "If your creation tips over, you can always get it back to upside up by using the lift."
- "Scrap Mechanic is still in development: changes and improvements are happening all the time!"
- "All the information you need to get started is in the Mechanics handbook!"
- "You’re the master of your own creations! There’s no right or wrong here."
- "If your creation fails to work as you intended, let’s just call it art."
- [NOTE: Added a period to the first and formerly only loading screen text, shown below.]
- Camera collision check fixes.
0.1.21[edit | edit source]
March 24th, 2016
- Fixed a memory allocation issue related to a particle system. Scrap Mechanic now uses much less memory. This could increase fps drastically for some players. It could also fix a crash when starting/loading a game for some players.
- More visible thruster particles.
- Multiplayer optimization on building and updating shapes.
0.1.20[edit | edit source]
March 18th, 2016
- Added paint tool.
- [NOTE: Added Paint Tool to Tab 1, Page 4 of Handbook.]
- Fixed buggy first person animations.
- [NOTE: Possibly made first person Sledgehammer blocking animation functional.]
- [NOTE: Non-functional behavior was likely a bug.]
- [NOTE: Possibly made first person Sledgehammer blocking animation functional.]
- Added a new track to the radio.
0.1.19d[edit | edit source]
March 4th, 2016
- Fixed an issue related to the multithreading update that randomly crashed the game.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes make creations and players in them disappear.
- Disappeared creations and players should respawn at the starting position.
- Fixed an issue that could make creations with thrusters on them disappear if the game crashed while they were on a lift.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when exiting a game.
[NOTE: The following changes are hotfixes mentioned in 0.1.20 patch notes.]
- Fixed steam overlay issues. Fps should be better than before.
- Fixed an issue with the Depth of Field causing rendering artifacts.
0.1.19c[edit | edit source]
February 27th, 2016
- Multithreaded physics is back.
- The game tries to repair saves with lost creations or crash on load.
- Load game list is scrollable.
0.1.19b[edit | edit source]
February 20th, 2016
- [NOTE: Temporarily reverted the multi-threaded physics added in 0.1.19 due to bugs.]
0.1.19[edit | edit source]
February 20th, 2016
- The physics simulation now run on multiple threads! This will allow you to build more before the fps drops.
- [NOTE: Reverted in 0.1.19b and re-added in 0.1.19c.]
- Things no longer get stuck in the ground.
- Fixed a startup crash that occurred for some users.
- Added new building parts.
0.1.18[edit | edit source]
February 13th, 2016
- Horn - A new interactive part that will complete your vehicles. Beep beep!
- Thruster - You can now set the thruster power on each thruster.
- Seat - The Mechanic no longer pretends to be holding on to a steering wheel.
- [NOTE: Prior to this update, sitting in a Seat used the same pose as sitting in a Driver's Seat. The pose was also incorrectly positioned; the backpack and legs clipped into the seat.]
- Fixed vehicles suddenly jumping around like crazy and being uncontrollable in multiplayer.
- Fixed a bug that could crash the game while placing stuff.
- Fixed a crash related to some graphics cards
- Fixed the Radio that sometimes prevented other players from hearing the wonderful music in multiplayer.
- Things now respond better when hit by the sledgehammer in multiplayer.
- The Mechanic does not stretch out anymore when pressing E on seats.
- [NOTE: Not completely fixed, now happens occasionally instead of every time.]
- [NOTE: Stretching still occurs when moving at high speed or when colliding with something.]
- The friction has been adjusted on blocks and parts so they slide a bit more.
0.1.17[edit | edit source]
February 2nd, 2016
- Fixed a common startup crash.
- Fixed a crash caused by the controller interface.
- Fixed a crash related to characters in steam names.
0.1.16[edit | edit source]
January 30th, 2016
- Auto saving issue fixed.
- Save files can now contain non-english characters.
- If the game crashes while something is on the lift, the lifted object will no longer float in the air.
- Fixed the most common crashes.
- Various bugfixes.
0.1.15[edit | edit source]
January 27th, 2016
- Buttons and switches no longer go crazy while on the lift in multiplayer.
- Faster controller GUI scrolling.
- The GUI crash is hopefully fixed this time.
- Removed invisible branches on one of the pinetrees.
- Added crash reporting system to help us find out what causes those unknown exceptions.
0.1.14[edit | edit source]
January 24th, 2016
- Fixes to GUI related crashes.
- Fixed main menu GUI text scaling issues.
- Fixes to "unsigned integer out of signed int range" error.
- Excessive log messages are suppressed while looking for a solution to the underlying issue.
- Added OpenGL version check at startup.
0.1.13[edit | edit source]
January 22nd, 2016
- Fix for "OGRE EXCEPTION(3:RenderingAPIException): Zero sized texture surface on texture MaterialTextureA..."
0.1.12[edit | edit source]
January 22nd, 2016
- Fixes to resolution issues on high resolution displays.
- Better GUI scaling when switching resolution.
- Fixed an audio related crash.
- Added a traffic cone building part.
0.1.11[edit | edit source]
January 20th, 2016
- [NOTE: Initial public release. Includes everything added during Alpha.]
0.1.10 to 0.1.0[edit | edit source]
- [NOTE: Includes versions given out to YouTubers prior to the Beta release.]