Controller is part of the Program Node family in Scrap Mechanic.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Usage[edit | edit source]
The Connect Tool is used to connect the Controller to bearings and a trigger or Driver's Seat. Up to ten bearings and one trigger or Driver's Seat may be connected at once.
UI Information[edit | edit source]
1:Connection Order Number; This shows the order number, you can see which bearing has the order number in the center of the node, using a Connect Tool.
2: Frame 0; This frame is set when no signal is sent to the Controller.
3: Frames 1-10; When a signal is sent to the Controller, it will perform the degree in order left to right. Ending at frame 10.
Two and three can be edited by clicking and dragging to the left or right.
4: Loop; Turning this on (orange) will loop the animation of the frames 1-10. If there is no differences in future frames it will loop from the last frame to update degrees.
5: Speed Control; Use to set the speed of the animation. There are 9 modes.
Time Scale[edit | edit source]
|Speed fast-slow||Frame time (seconds)||Completion time (seconds)|
Note: Degree set does not change the frame time.
Advanced Usage[edit | edit source]
- Connected bearings have a rotation direction: blue clockwise; red counter-clockwise. This can be switched by right clicking.
- If connected to a Driver's Seat, W (default) will play the sequence forward; S (default) will play the sequence backward.
- Holding left shift or right shift allows for 1-degree increments. Otherwise, 15-degree increments are used.
- Slower rotation can be achieved by small degree intervals and the loop feature.
- If stopped when in loop mode, the Controller will go back to the last frame it passed.
- Combined with Sensors, you can create timed events.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Controllers can be upgraded using component kits to enable up to nine speed settings and up to ten connection slots
History[edit | edit source]
- Updated texture.
Alpha[edit | edit source]
- Added Controller.