|This article is about the Survival developer mode. For developer functionality enabled by the -dev parameter, see Launch options.|
Dev Mode is a cheat mode in Scrap Mechanic Survival Mode.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Note that like any other Lua file modifications, enabling Dev Mode will make you unable to connect to other players (nor will other players be able to connect to you) unless they also have Dev Mode enabled.
Enabling[edit | edit source]
It is strongly recommended that you create a backup of your world before loading it in Dev Mode. This is because once a world is loaded in Dev Mode, it can be disabled only via world file editing.
To enable Dev Mode, open
Survival/Scripts/game/SurvivalGame.lua in a text editor. Insert the following line at the top of the file:
g_survivalDev = true
After saving the file, Dev Mode will be enabled for all Survival worlds loaded.
Commands Only[edit | edit source]
Alternatively, you can enable Commands without truly enabling Dev Mode, thus avoiding its side effects. Creating a backup is still recommended, due to the nature of certain commands.
To enable commands, open
Survival/Scripts/game/SurvivalGame.lua in a text editor and go to line 84. It should read
if g_survivalDev then. Change this to
if true then. After saving the file, you should have use of commands in all Survival worlds loaded.
Features[edit | edit source]
- When first joining a world, the player spawns with a Spudgun, 70 Potatoes, a Connect Tool, a Paint Tool, and a Weld Tool in addition to the Sledgehammer and Lift
- A different type of spawn point is used when joining a new world
- The Sledgehammer can damage and knock down large Trees
- Can place Tools by holding F and left clicking
- Shooting a Master Battery slot with the Spudgun, Spud Shotgun, or Spudling Gun will place/remove the battery
Notes[edit | edit source]
The Sledgehammer and Spudgun available in the unlimited inventory are the Creative Mode versions, which deal less damage to Robots and Animals. The Survival version of the Spudgun can be obtained via the