Scrap Mechanic Wiki talk:Community portal
Translate Wiki[edit source]
Hi, this is my first contribution in this wiki.
Because of Coronavirus, I have a lot of time behind me. Because I'm French, I would translate all the wiki into French. Will it be possible to do?
Concratly, How to do?
--Lieutenantxyt (talk) 16:44, 30 March 2020 (UTC)
- Hi, please refer to the translation guidelines on the Gamepedia Help wiki for how to create translated pages. Coincidentally, some anonymous user tried to add a French translation to one page last month, without following the guidelines. It's good that you've created an account and asked about it first. BoxFigs (talk) 01:03, 31 March 2020 (UTC)
- OK, thank you.
- The first step is "ask for permission" so can I translate Scrap Mechanic Wiki into French ?
- And can I create a team to do that ?
- --Lieutenantxyt (talk) 07:18, 31 March 2020 (UTC)
- OK, thank you.
Block weights[edit source]
I would like to know why not specified the exact weight of the blocks? I noticed that some of the light blocks lighter than other light blocks, and some heavy - heavier. So the lightest block, I think, "Barrier Block", and the most heavy - "Metal Block" (if I am not mistaken, even the "Metal Column" lighter than a "Metal Block"). Idleberry (talk) 12:19, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
- Someone did find out the specific weight values of the objects. It's on my "to do eventually if no one else does it" list. By the way, please make sections and sign your comments on talk pages. I did it for you this time. BoxFigs (talk) 22:24, 9 May 2016 (UTC)
someone didn't read the top of the page[edit source]
What up guys. is there a way to see the name of eache ingredient needed to craft smething?? Softweny (Please sign your talk page comments with four tildes)
- Not currently, no. Us wiki editors are working on adding crafting lists to each item page, though. BoxFigs (talk) 17:15, 11 May 2020 (UTC)
Adding Images[edit source]
Does anyone know how to extract the icons of the differents items in the game, to add them on the Wiki? Most of the images on the wiki have been imported by a deleted user ( so i can ask him how to). I tryed looking in the game data, but no luck. I could only find 3D object and Mesh files, no 2D icons. Samololo (Please sign your talk page comments with four tildes)
- You're in luck: EV3R4 created a tool to automate the process of extracting icons. This is because all the item icons are stored as one large image file (
Data/Gui/IconMap.pngfor Creative and Challenge Builder,
Survival/Gui/IconMapSurvival.pngfor Survival-exclusive items). Before this tool existed, one had to manually cut out each icon using an image editor. That's what I did for the icons I added a while ago. BoxFigs (talk) 16:31, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
How to use the icon extractor?[edit source]
Hello. I want to add stats for every item in the wiki. Problem is, I've tried all I could find and I can't get the extractor to work. Can anyone tell me how to make it work? Gynovin (Sign your talk page comments with four tildes)
- If you're referring to EV3R4's icon extractor tool, it has installation instructions on the GitHub page, along with how to set up and run the program. BoxFigs (talk) 21:44, 20 May 2020 (UTC)