Spudgun is a tool in Scrap Mechanic.
A gun that shoots potatoes. It is one of only three ranged weapons in the game.
Left mouse shoots a potato. Holding right mouse aims down the makeshift sights, zooming in the player's view. This helps when shooting at distant targets.
The potatoes fired by the gun can destroy any block or part with 1 durability. are detected by Sensors, cause Explosive Canisters to explode, and can trigger Switches and Buttons. They cause a small amount of knockback on hit.
The Spudgun is currently the only weapon suitable for sniping.
Potatoes fired by the Spudgun at soil mounds will plant a potato crop.
- The Spudgun is based on the potato cannon, which is also called a spud gun. "Spud gun" can also refer to a toy that fires small chunks of potato, though the Spudgun is more similar to the potato cannon, as it fires whole potatoes.
- The writing on the Spudgun's barrel reads "PVC VACUUM TUBE".
- Prior to Beta 0.4.0, players in Creative Mode would make a gasping noise when hit by a potato shot by another player.
- In Survival, the Spudgun is considered a tool so is not dropped when your mechanic dies.
- Tools can now be dropped.
- Spudguns can no longer be equipped while swimming.
- Added Spudgun.