Survival Mode is a gamemode in Scrap Mechanic.
You’re a robot maintenance mechanic on a mission to a fully-automated farm planet. By sheer luck, you survive your spaceship crashing just before touchdown, but things are about to get worse! The Robots, originally programmed to harvest the land and send the produce to nearby planets, have gone haywire and are out to stomp you flat! Stranded on a planet full of rampaging robots, you and your friends have to use your wits, your imagination and wily knack of turning your surroundings to your advantage to stay alive!
- Players have Health, Hunger, Thirst and Oxygen meters
- Hunger and Thirst restored by eating Food
- Robot enemies
- Friendly creatures
- Refined by hand or with a Refinebot
- Can be collected in a Resource Collector
- Unique world generation
- Directly across from the doorway of the Crashed Maintenance Ship, there is a path leading to a small pond. Next to the pond is an area with a Water Bucket, Seeds, and Soil Bags. Take these by holding down right mouse and follow the Farming instructions depicted on the billboard to start growing some crops. Setting up a steady food supply as early as possible is very important.
- The Water Bucket can extinguish the fires inside the Crashed Maintenance Ship.
- The Crashed Maintenance Ship has two beds that can be slept in. Doing so sets your spawn point to that bed.
- There is a trail of Damaged Crates leading away from the Crash Site to the base of a Ruin. Scale this building to find the Master Battery needed to power up your crashed ship.
- Once the ship is powered up, the Basic Craftbot will be available to use.
- Holding F will allow you to place items that you are unable to place by default, such as Food and the Water Bucket. This is very useful, as the only containers on the ship are a Locker and a Broken Microwave, which have a combined total of only five item slots.
- Growing more than nine crops will cause Totebots to attack your crops at midnight every night. More crops will cause larger attacks, potentially spawning Haybots as well. Either spread out your crops into small clusters, or be prepared to defend your crops each night.
- When you are ready, you can venture away from the Crash Site to find a road. Follow this road, as it connects many areas of interest.
- After traveling for a while, you will eventually see a building with a large illuminated wrench sign in the distance. This is a Mechanic Station, which is essential for progression, as it contains a console where the Craftbot and other crafting stations can be created.
- If you ever find yourself struggling for Food, note that Woc Milk can be easily obtained by feeding Corn to Wocs.
- Added Survival Mode.