Survival Mode is a gamemode in Scrap Mechanic.
You’re a robot maintenance mechanic on a mission to a fully-automated farm planet. By sheer luck, you survive your spaceship crashing just before touchdown, but things are about to get worse! The Robots, originally programmed to harvest the land and send the produce to nearby planets, have gone haywire and are out to stomp you flat! Stranded on a planet full of rampaging robots, you and your friends have to use your wits, your imagination and wily knack of turning your surroundings to your advantage to stay alive!
- Players have Health, Hunger, Thirst and Oxygen meters
- Hunger and Thirst restored by eating Food
- Robot enemies
- Friendly creatures
- Refined by hand or with a Refinebot
- Can be collected in a Resource Collector
- Unique world generation
- Directly across from the doorway of the Crashed Maintenance Ship, there is a path leading to a small pond. Next to the pond is an area with a Water Bucket, Seeds, and Soil Bags. Take these by holding down right mouse and follow the Farming instructions depicted on the billboard to start growing some crops. Setting up a steady food supply as early as possible is very important.
- The Water Bucket can extinguish the fires inside the Crashed Maintenance Ship.
- The Crashed Maintenance Ship has two beds that can be slept in. Doing so sets your spawn point to that bed.
- There is a trail of Damaged Crates leading away from the Crash Site to the base of a Ruin. Scale this building to find the Master Battery needed to power up your crashed ship.
- Once the ship is powered up, the Basic Craftbot will be available to use and you will be able to obtain the Logbook.
- The Logbook can be used to enable waypoints on the Crashed Maintenance Ship and the nearest Mechanic Station. This will help you locate both structures.
- The in-game time is displayed in the Logbook.
- Holding F will allow you to place items that you are unable to place by default, such as Food and the Water Bucket. This is very useful, as the only containers on the ship are a Locker and a Broken Microwave, which have a combined total of only five item slots.
- Growing more than nine crops will cause Totebots to attack your crops at midnight every night. More crops will cause larger attacks, potentially spawning Haybots as well. Either spread out your crops into small clusters, or be prepared to defend your crops each night.
- The Burned Trees at the Crash Site drop Embers when destroyed with your Sledgehammer. You will need them later for crafting.
- When you are ready, you can venture away from the Crash Site to find a road. Follow this road, as it connects many areas of interest.
- The road will eventually lead to a Mechanic Station. If you have trouble finding it, enable its waypoint in the Logbook.
- The Mechanic Station is a building with a large illuminated wrench sign. It is is essential for progression, as it contains a console where the Craftbot and other crafting stations can be created.
- If you ever find yourself struggling for Food, note that Woc Milk can be easily obtained by feeding Corn to Wocs.
- Craft and place a Beacon to mark a point of interest so you can find it again later. The waypoints for individual Beacons can be toggled in the Logbook.
- Continuing on the road to the east will take you to a Packing Station. Behind it to the right, there is a mountainous area. This area houses the Farmers Hideout.
- Use the Packing Stations to package Food into Produce Crates and haul them to the Farmers Hideout to use them in Trading.
- The first Packing Station only packages vegetables. Further along down the road is a second Packing Station that packages fruits.
- Added Survival Mode.