Tapebot is an enemy in Scrap Mechanic.
Overview[edit | edit source]
Tapebots attack by firing yellow tape rolls. It is one of the two robots in the game that has a ranged attack.
Blue Tapebots deal 55 damage; therefore, they have the ability to kill the player in two shots.
Variants[edit | edit source]
Blue Tapebot[edit | edit source]
The standard common Tapebot.
Red Tapebot[edit | edit source]
Fires explosive tape rolls. Only found on the upper floors of Warehouses.
Its projectiles deal 55 damage on impact plus 7 blast damage, bringing the total damage from a direct hit to 62.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Spud Gun is the only viable weapon against Tapebots, so it is practically a requirement to obtain one and a supply of Potato ammunition before entering a Warehouse. Otherwise, Tapebots will advance on a target if they cannot shoot at them, so moving behind hard cover like terrain will have them approach and possibly get into Sledgehammer range, though this can be a risky strategy to employ inside a Warehouse.
A single headshot will destroy a Tapebot.
It is possible to hit their tape rolls back at them with the Sledgehammer, though this can be difficult to do.
Drops[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Tapebots were built to tape up packages in Warehouses.
- It is unknown what purpose Red Tapebots and their explosive tape rolls would have served. It is possible they were involved with packing explosive materials.
- Their tape dispenser gib will fire a few rolls of their respective tape upon death, so be careful.
- Tapebots dealt only 30 damage in a pre-release version of Survival Mode. This was likely increased soon before the release of Beta 0.4.0 to make Warehouses more challenging.
- Tapebots are currently the only robot in the game to have more than one variant.