We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Scrap Mechanic Wiki
Welcome to the machine-filled creative paradise of Scrap Mechanic, a multiplayer survival game with imagination and ingenuity at its core.
Scrap Mechanic is an all-new creative multiplayer sandbox game where you explore, scavenge and collect objects from all over a wide-open interactive world. With these gathered objects you can build shelters (cozy!), impressive moving Vehicles (vroom!), and machines (aw yes!) that will help you survive all the treacherous adventures ahead of you. Team up with friends or fight against robots and other players who want to steal your stuff.So here’s the deal: you’re a robot maintenance mechanic, and you've been sent to a fully automated Agriculture planet that supplies food to the metropolitan planets with the task of looking after the worker robots. Close to touchdown your spacecraft loses control and crashes, leaving you as a lucky, lucky survivor. You’re stranded though, and at first glance you find that not everything’s quite as it should be. The Farmbots working the fields have gone crazy, and now there’s only one way to stay alive: using your quick thinking, your creativity and your wily knack of using the surrounding environment to your advantage.
- Creative Mode! - An unlimited amount of parts are yours to play with! Build free on your choice of terrain without limitations or the threat of death.
- Gender! - Choose between playing as a male or female mechanic.
- Parts ‘n’ Blocks! - Scrap Mechanic comes loaded with over 100 parts. Some with unique shapes and sizes, but all giving you the power to basically create anything you want.
- Interactive Parts! - The Machine Parts that let you put your creations in motion represent the very best and most exciting parts of Scrap Mechanic! With a wide range of parts and an array of functions from Gas Engines and Electric Engines to Thrusters, Sensors, and Buttons, you’ll never be bored with the Tools at your disposal!
- Handbook! - Your Mechanics’ Handbook is your trusty educational friend, with you from the start and dying to be read! Flip trough its pages at your leisure to learn the basics of building in a easy way.
- Connect Tool! - The tool that brings everything together and makes it all happen. A must for any true mechanic!
- Lift! - Lightens the load when Building creations with physics in mind. Let it lift you – and your creations – higher!
- Sledge Hammer! Whack loose parts and watch them fly. Smacking physics around with the hammer is great fun.